These 4th of July recipes inspired by the sweet and spicy flavors of black tea, honey, vanilla bean, cinnamon, ginger and clove might just have you saying 4th of Chai. From iced beverages to frozen treats and tasty appetizers, the three recipes below will give the fireworks some competition.
For a quick Me Time moment during the festivities: Take a sip of this refreshing spritzer. Close your eyes. Inhale slowly. Count to ten. Open your eyes…
Take in the beautiful day.
4 oz Oregon Chai Original Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
4 oz sparkling water
4 tsp Blackberry, Raspberry, or Blueberry Syrup
Combine the above ingredients over ice. Serve with a twist of lemon, orange or a skewer of berries.
Smooth as Silk Chai Ice Cream
Spice up your ice cream with this decadent twist on a summertime treat that never gets old. Serve with fresh berries for a red, white and blue dessert to match the festivities.
2 cups heavy cream
2/3 cup sugar
1 small vanilla bean
6 egg yolks
1 cup whole milk
1 ¼ cups Oregon Chai Original Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- Heat cream, sugar and split vanilla bean over medium heat until simmering.
- Remove from heat, cover and steep 30 minutes.
- Remove vanilla bean.
- Meanwhile, place egg yolks in a medium bowl.
- Put cream mixture back on heat and heat to simmering again.
- Slowly whisk 1 cup of the hot cream mixture into egg yolks, then add yolk mixture and heat to 160 degrees or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and add milk and chai.
- Chill to room temperature and then refrigerate to cold before freezing in an ice cream maker.
Teriyaki Chai Chicken Wings
Fire up the grill in the backyard for these delectable chicken wings, made with a chai-inspired mouth-watering marinade that will leave you longing for more.
½ cup Oregon Chai Original Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
¼ cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
To make marinade, combine chai concentrate, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a bowl. Add chicken wings and marinate for 30-45 minutes. Grill and brush with marinade while cooking.
Looking for the perfect tumbler to carry your iced chai in to the parade? Get crafty and with these tips for a personalized tumbler.
These recipes sound good. I took 2 1/2 cups vanilla bean icecream, @ 1/4 cup milk & 1 package of chai original powdered mix blended all together then topped it with whip topping & caramel. It was awesome.